Celebrate the best in genre-bending, boundary-pushing independent animation at the 14th Giant Incandescent Resonating Animation Festival! Our full 2018 lineup is just around the corner, but if you want to get in on the action a little early, here’s just a taste of what we have lined up for this year:
• Our featured visiting artist is award-winning Indigenous filmmaker, media artist and stop motion director AMANDA STRONG
• Festival artwork and signal film by Calgary-based artist, animator and musician ARIELLE McCUAIG
• Retrospective screening of the works of internationally acclaimed artist and animator SUZAN PITT
• Spotlighted films include THIS MAGNIFICENT CAKE! (winner of major prizes at the Ottawa, Zagreb & Annecy animation festivals); Hungarian art heist thriller RUBEN BRANDT, COLLECTOR; and graphic novel adaptation UN HOMME EST MORT
• 30th anniversary screening of Czech surrealist Jan Švankmajer’s ALICE, a dark, stop-motion animated adaptation of Alice in Wonderland
Festival passes on sale now! Our full lineup, including short films, features and workshops, will be announced Friday, November 2, 2018. Check back soon for more details!