Quickdraw Animation is an artist-run centre with a mandate to facilitate the production, education and appreciation of independent animation. Quickdraw serves a thriving community of independent animation artists. Visit www.quickdrawanimation.ca for more info.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Programming & Communications Coordinator is an innovative and energetic professional leading the programming and communications initiatives of Quickdraw. This is a twenty-hour per week position. Key focus-areas include:
- Programming & coordination of visiting artists, screenings and special events
- Management of programming and artistic based initiatives
- Coordination of Quickdraw on-site and off-site course & workshop activities
- Communication with members including email, mail, course and workshop bookings
- Dissemination of programming and event posters, media psa’s, etc.
- Marketing plan to increase class enrollment
- Development and design of communications material, including newsletter, course & workshop brochure and promotional material
- Administration of Programming curriculum and budgets
- Provide support for day-to-day activities including public and membership needs (provide tours, telephone inquiries)
- Coordination of volunteers as needed
- Supporting preparation of grants in conjunction with the Executive Director
- Background in marketing, event-planning or arts administration
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
- Knowledge of artist-run culture and media arts is an asset
- Knowledge of Canada’s Independent Animation Community an asset
- Demonstrated design ability (preferably in the form of a design portfolio)
- Demonstrated web-administration ability
- Excellent team-player
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Minimum two years related experience
Compensation: $1700 monthly salary.
Please send resume and cover letter by February 28th or earlier to: email@example.com Quickdraw Animation Society, Suite #201 351-11th Ave SW. Calgary AB, T2R 0C7. (403) 261-5767
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Quickdraw is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest.