Quickdraw Executive Director Posting March 6, 2013
DEADLINE April 3, 2013
Quickdraw Animation Society builds welcoming, healthy communities fostering connection, innovation, creativity and artistic excellence through animation production, education and appreciation. Quickdraw celebrated its 27th anniversary in 2012 and offers facilities, resources, programs and events to support, celebrate and appreciate independent animation. Quickdraw strives to be a leading organization, locally, nationally and globally.
Quickdraw seeks a dynamic, visionary and resourceful Executive Director. The Executive Director plans and manages the ongoing operations and future development of the Society. Working closely with the Board of Directors and staff, this position will:
- develop and strengthen the internal operations including production, programming, education and outreach initiatives;
- maintain and expand diversified funding sources;
- foster a culture of experimentation, collective creativity and excellence in animation;
- raise Quickdraw’s profile with various public and key stakeholders.
- At minimum, you will have four years of experience leading teams and managing an annual budget greater than $400,000
- You are a wide-ranging thinker, you grasp issues quickly and can articulate issues clearly
- You are effective with boards and can empower, motivate and develop staff members and volunteers, often working together towards a shared goal
- You are an excellent delegator and mentor
- You have an understanding of artist-run culture and familiarity with their funding environments at municipal, provincial and national levels
- Your training/educational background (preferably including a degree) will include arts administration, public administration and/or business.
Applications must include a cover letter outlining your interest and suitability, a current resumé, a writing sample of 1 – 2 pages (grant, report, and/or published non-fiction) and three references.
Please sent your application before April 3, 2013 (email preferred), to:
Please send to the HR Committee care of the Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
n.b. subject line: QUICKDRAW ANIMATION E.D. Position
Quickdraw Animation Society is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified parties.
We thank you for your interest. All applications will be confidential.