Quickdraw Animation Society is seeking an outreach coordinator to oversee The Quickdraw Portable Animation Workshop, or PAW (formerly Quickdraw’s Minds in Motion program). Quickdraw’s PAW is designed to provide hands-on education about the art and science of animation within Calgary classrooms, and has successfully been run in several schools. The outreach coordinator would expand upon this success within Calgary’s public and private school system, as well as other environments where participants can benefit from the skills and the creative expression inherent in animation.
About Quickdraw Animation Society (QAS)
Celebrating its 30th anniversary this coming March, Quickdraw offers facilities, resources, programs and events to support, celebrate and appreciate independent animation. The Quickdraw Animation Society fosters connection, innovation, creativity and artistic excellence through animation production, education and appreciation.
- Assist in the development of curriculum for the PAW program
- Collaborate with QAS staff on marketing materials and a marketing strategy for the program
- Secure instructors and assistants for presentations in school; create a list of instructors that are willing to participate
- Initiate and build relationships with prospective schools and other interested groups to book workshops
- Make presentations as required for the program, either for funding or bookings
- Facilitate payment and logistics of each booking
- Support staff in communicating the technical requirements of the program to the participating schools
- Monitor and track success of the program; follow up with teachers and school representatives to ensure the program objectives were met
- Research and develop a fundraising plan for the program to ensure its continuation
- Secure additional funding for the program and upgrades to equipment
- Facilitate proper stewardship and recognition for funding partners
- Provide assistance during the granting process to organizations who are applying for funding for the Quickdraw program
- Minimum 2 years administrative experience
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with education, teaching or the school board an asset
- Animation experience an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion
Time requirements and compensation
This is a contract position of approximately 20 hours/week. Hours are flexible, but candidate will be expected to work evenings, weekends, and overtime as necessary.
Compensation for the position is $20,000/year.
Applications including cover letter, CV, and three references can be sent by email to email@example.com with the subject line: Outreach Coordinator Application, prior to 5:00PM on Friday, August 30.
The Quickdraw Animation Society is an equal opportunities employer. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.