Calgary based animation studio Squid Brain Studios Inc. (newly formed and partnering with New Machine Studios, website: http://www.newmachinestudios.com/) is looking for 2D animators to work on a new production. The contract for animation on this production will take place over several months (August 2020 – February 2021) and final animation including credits will be 24 minutes in length.
About the project:
Start Date: August 3, 2020
End Date: End of January/Mid February 2021
Contract duration: 7 months
Technology requirements: TVPaint (production will be completed in TVPaint, program license provided)
Compensation: $1 per completed frame of clean animation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work from keyframes on each shot and deliver a rough animation pass for review
- Once rough animation pass is approved, complete a pass to clean up rough linework so that the shot can be passed on to be colour
- Report to the Animation Director
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Knowledge of/experience using TVPaint an asset
- Knowledge of fundamentals of 2D animation
- Creative problem-solving skills and a keen eye for detail
- Willingness to work on a team and take direction
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada.
Interested animators should send CV and demo reel to Pat Wilding (email@example.com), animators selected will be contacted further.