We are hiring a Programming Assistant for an eight-week contract
Apply by August 27, 2021
This is an eight-week contract at 35 hours per week, starting in early September, 2021. The hourly wage is $16.50, and duties will take place at Quickdraw’s studios in Sunalta, COVID regulations permitting.
A not-for-profit artist-run centre in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, the Quickdraw Animation Society is a place for people who love animation. We encourage animation production, dissemination and appreciation through screenings, workshops, courses, camps, and other events designed to ignite the public’s passion for the medium, including our GIRAF animation festival held each November.
The Programming Assistant will assist in the programming and promotion of Quickdraw’s events and activities for fall and winter 2021. Working closely with the Programming Director, the programming assistant will take on tasks that may include reaching out to artists about participation in screenings and events, watching and evaluating screeners of feature and short films, co-ordinating logistics for online and in-person events, creating physical and digital promotional materials, and coordinating volunteers for various events, including our GIRAF animation festival in November. The exact tasks will depend on Quickdraw’s programming schedule, and the co-ordinator will be able to provide input in the development of this schedule.
- We’re a small team, so excellent communications skills, the ability to work independently, demonstrated good judgment and initiative are all essential
- We provide a welcoming environment for members from diverse backgrounds; must be open-minded, with strong interpersonal skills
- You’ll be working on multiple tasks with a variety of deadlines; organizational and time-management skills are a must
- Familiarity with contemporary and historical independent animated features and shorts would be a huge asset
- Candidates who are interested in animation as an art form and who are pursuing a career in animation or media arts will be given preference.
This position is an eight-week contract, 35 hours per week, with an hourly wage of $16.50. The position may involve a mix of remote work and working at Quickdraw’s Sunalta studios.
Applications must include a cover letter outlining your interest and suitability, and a current resumé or CV.
Please send your application including resume and cover letter before 5pm on Friday, August 27, 2021 to email@example.com with the subject line “QUICKDRAW ANIMATION Programming Assistant 2021”.
This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs. All applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 30, and must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
We welcome applications from all qualified parties, and especially encourage applications from members of diverse communities, BIPOC artists, and artists from D/deaf and disability communities. If you have any concerns or hesitations about this posting, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the email address above.
We thank you for your interest. All applications will be confidential.