Since this is our first time holding an online AGM, we wanted to make few housekeeping notes in advance. Please let me us if you have any questions or concerns about any of this, or anything else related to accessing and taking part in the AGM.
- The meeting will be on Zoom, on Thursday, June 25 at 6:30pm. You can attend through the link below. You will need to have a Zoom account to take part, and Zoom will prompt you for your name and email address for our records. Please join the call a few minutes early in case you run into any technical issues.
- It is possible to join Zoom meetings over the phone, although you will not be able to use the chat, or to take part in the polls that we are using for the board elections. If you would like to take this option, please let me know.
- As with all Quickdraw meetings and events, we remind you that Quickdraw is a safe and welcoming space, and that our online code of conduct is in effect.
- We are asking that everyone mute themselves except when called on by the chair. We welcome you to use the chat to ask questions, make motions, or request to speak. It is up to you whether to have your video on or off.
- There will be an ASL interpreter on the Zoom call; to make use of the interpreter, please find and pin their video.
- To assist the ASL interpreter, we ask that anyone speaking on mic states their name each time they come on mic, as otherwise it is difficult to communicate who is speaking at any given time.
The AGM is your chance to find out what Quickdraw has been up to over the last year, and to have your say on what comes next — either by taking part in the conversation, choosing who joins the board, or joining up yourself! Now more than ever we’re going to need people who are passionate about art, animation, creativity and community to help us navigate Quickdraw’s role in our city, and in the broader world of animation. Our board will be helping us develop a strategic plan to cover the next few years, and we’re eager to hear from new voices.
If you have any questions about boards in general or Quickdraw’s in particular, please email either our executive director, Peter Hemminger, or our board president, Carol Beecher. We’d love to hear from you. And even if joining the board is more commitment than you’re ready for, please save the date on June 25 at 6:30pm to celebrate the past year and have your say on where we go from here.
If you aren’t able to attend via Zoom, you’ll also be able to join the meeting over the phone. Please let us know and we’d be happy to provide more information. If you’d like to attend but Zoom and phone conversations provide a barrier to your participation, let us know and we will do our best to find a way to accommodate you.
The agenda for this year’s meeting is below. Two other notes: While all Quickdraw members and members of the community are welcome to attend, only those whose memberships have been valid for at least 30 days leading up to the meeting will be able to vote. And if you are not able to attend, please consider assigning your vote by proxy to someone you trust who will be there — let us know if you want more info on assigning proxies.
Quickdraw Animation Society
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Thursday, June 25, 2020
Meeting – 6:30pm
To take place on ZOOM:
1. Welcome to members and introduction of staff and board
2. Approval of agenda
3. Approval of minutes from last AGM – June 26, 2019
Please note: due to an error, the minutes of the last AGM have been recreated
by the board based on the agenda, reports filed, and memory. You can view the reconstruction here.
4. Executive Director’s report
5. Presentation of financials
6. President’s report
7. Nomination of directors to fill vacant positions
8. Election and confirmation of the Board of Directors
9. Presentation of volunteer awards