JOB CALL: 2D Animator for Turquoise Sky Entertainment
Turquoise Sky Entertainment is seeking 2D digital animators to work on their series Wasi's Adventures, a series focused on the trickster Wasi, that is distributed in both English and Cree-Michif languages!
Deadline to Apply: Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2022 or until suitable candidate(s) found.
Location: Remote, must have internet connection and access to their own software (Adobe Animate), computer and equipment (QAS has equipment available to rent if needed)
Position Details: Contract position of 2-6 months depending on experience.
Rate: To be Determined based on animation and illustration experience. This is a paid-contracted position.
About the Project
Created by Judy Iseke, Wasi's Adventures is about Wasi, a modern-day trickster who relies on his cunning - and sometimes, deception - to accomplish the task of learning about a complex world.
2D animators will take storyboards and designs from the directors (lead animator and show creator) and animate sequences, and send back for feedback until the shot is approved. Duties will include lip syncing, animation, in-betweening and clean up when assigned.
- 2D Digital Animation Experience
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of animation
- Knowledge of 2D Animation software such as Toon Boom Harmony, Adobe Animate, etc (Wasi's Adventures is animated in Adobe Animate, but Turquoise can support some transition as needed)
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Available for critique and feedback in web conference
- Website and/or links to animation examples and portfolio work
- Cover letter of interest
Applications will be sent to Judy Iseke at firstname.lastname@example.org, and must include the subject line "ANIMATOR FirstName LastName"
Prospective applicants will be sent an Animation Test to confirm animation and drawing skills before contracts are confirmed.
Turquoise Sky Entertainment accepts applications from all qualified parties, and especially encourage applications from persons who self-identify as members of First Nations, Inuit, or Métis nations.