Funding for artist residencies
The Alberta Foundation for the Arts provides residency program funding assistance directly to Alberta schools. There is one application deadline per year. This April 1 deadline provides funding assistance for projects that will take place the following school year.
The AFA provides up to $15,000 per school per year. Depending on your location, this can be used to cover either 50% or 75% of the total cost of the residency, excluding GST.
1. Send your Workshop Request Form to Quickdraw so we can put you into the schedule and start the application process.
2. Before applying to the AFA, the school must know the dates of the workshop.
3. We can give you suggestions on how to write the application and review it before it goes to the AFA.
4. Submit your application through the AFA’s online granting system by midnight on April 1, 2017.
5. The AFA juries the applications in May, and will inform you in June if the application was successful.
6. If it was not successful, we can discuss your proposed program to if it can still go ahead without AFA funding.
8. You are not required to go ahead with the program if you do not receive AFA funding approval, and there will be no cancellation fee.