Arts Opportunities: February 4, 2022
An odd assortment of job postings and calls for submissions this week, including zombie Jesus, arts mentorships, festival calls and potential murals
• CADA has announced its 2022 grant investment programs; guidelines for their Project Grants for Individuals and Collectives will be published in February, and for the Artist Development Microgrant in March
• Calgary-based animator Tank Standing Buffalo is hiring an in-between animator to work on his adaptation of Robin Thompson, Ira Hunter & Kelly Everaert's Zombie Jesus comic
• AMAAS' One 2 One grant mentorship program has its next deadline on February 22. Apply to be a mentor or mentee, and help raise the success rates of Alberta media arts grants
• Members Garage Sale: One of our QAS members is selling a 2019 16-inch Macbook Pro, with ~11 months AppleCare remaining
• The Beltline Urban Murals Project (BUMP) has opened its call for 2022. Get your portfolios ready!
• More animation festival deadlines are just around the corner, including Montreal's Sommets du cinéma animation festival (Feb. 14), and the biggest of them all, Annecy (Feb. 15). Both are free to submit to, so send 'em your films!
• We're hiring a programming assistant for a short-term contract, to help develop and carry out our spring and summer programming. Apply by February 7th!