Arts Opportunities: March 25, 2022
GIF contest, grant deadlines and free artistic "utensils" — here are the arts opportunities in Calgary this week.
• GIF-makers take note: the GLAS animation festival's annual Best Original GIF Award is on again, and submissions are due April 1. And all you have to do is make a Giphy account, upload your GIF, and tag it "GLAS 2022"
• Calgary Arts Development has two individual project grants coming up—their Project Grant Program for Individuals and Collectives, and their Artist Development Microgrant. We'd love to see QAS folks in the running for both of these, so let us know what supports you need!
• Our neighbours at Calgary's TRUCK gallery have launched Fuel: Free Utensils for Expressive Living, a project inspired by the fact that art supplies can be incredibly expensive. They're taking donations of new and gently used art materials for a "take what you need, leave what you can" mutual aid initiative
• Special effects and stop-motion studio Bleeding Art Industries is hiring a Shop and Equipment Rentals Coordinator, a great chance to stat on a career in the film and creative industries
• Lastly, there are quite a few interesting job opportunities on the Calgary Arts Development classified board, including an Indigenous mural project in Canmore, paid opportunities with the Esker Foundation, Nationl AccessArts Centre, and Calgary Folk Music Festival, and colunteer gigs with Antyx Community Arts and Decidedly Jazz Danceworks