Arts Opportunities: March 4, 2022
This week's opportunities include a call for submisisons for an Earth Day zine, sessional work at AUArts, and info on CADA's upcoming project grants
• Our neighbours at EMMEDIA are hiring an operations manager for a one-year contract
• The Southern Alberta Art Gallery (which is now under the leadership of Su Yin Strang, formerly of Calgary's The New Gallery) is looking for submissions for an Earth Day zine on climate justice, to be published this Spring
• AUArts is hiring sessional instructors for a number of programs, including illustration and graphic design. There's no deadline posted by the call has been up since Feb. 18, so probably best to apply soon
• West coast artist-run centre Artspeak is hiring a director/curator; the posting closes today so, uh, sorry for the short notice
• Thinking of applying for a project grant from CADA? Applications are open now, and there's an info session coming up on March 9 (also, don't forget, we're happy to provide feedback and guidance on grant applications for Quickdraw members)
Also, our very own programming director Ryan Von Hagen is joining a workshop and panel discussion on Calgary's Creative Education Economy next Tuesday, March 8, from 6pm-7:30pm. Led by Leah Naicken (who you'll remember from last week's newsletter as our new Programming Assistant for March and April), the workshop will dig into the four pillars of advocacy organization CreativeCITY's proposed strategic plan for Calgary's creative economy, capturing feedback and helping to shape the future development of the plan.
You can find out more about CreativeCITY in their "ecosystem report" over on CADA's website, and registration for the free workshop and panel discussion is open now.