Arts Opportunities: Jan. 21, 2022
Plenty of interesting opportunities this week, including calls for Calgary festivals, mentorship and scholarships for Alberta media artists, an international residency at Hiroshima, and a chance to help steer the Alberta animation and VFX industry
• EMMEDIA has a call for submissions out for their 2022 Particle + Wave festival, open to local, national, and international artists whose work incorporates media art
• The Calgary Animated Objects Society is producing dozens of animated shorts to support Blackfoot Language learning. Apply by February 7th for this paid opportunity
• For the strategically minded: Calgary Economic Development is partnering with the Edmonton Screen Industries Office to develop an Animation & VFX Growth Strategy, and has put out an RFP looking for qualified firms
• The Alberta Foundation for the Arts' annual Film and Video Arts Scholarship for young Albertan film and video artists is accepting applications until March 1, 2022
• January 31 is your last day to apply for a six-month residency in Hiroshima City as part of the newly re-branded Hiroshima Festival
• Lastly, the submission deadline is just around the corner for Animafest Zagreb, one of the world's best animation festivals. Send them your film by February 1, 2022!