Save the Post - Summer Job postings soon!
Heads up - QAS will be hiring! We’ll be looking for up to 4 folks to fill positions in April-August 2023. More details and an official call for applications will be coming soon!
As we head into our busy festival season, we’ll be looking for up to 4 folks to fill the following positions in April-August 2023. More details and an official call for applications will be coming soon, so watch this space and brush up your resume if you think you’d like to work with QAS for the summer!
Deadline for applications is to be determined as all positions are contingent on funding from Canada Summer Jobs. We estimate that the official Job Posting will be launched close to April 1st.
QAS is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from diverse candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexuality, age, or ability. We encourage interested candidates to apply even if you feel your qualifications do not strictly match this posting, we would still love to hear from you. If you require any accommodations for your application, or have any questions or concerns about applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trailer & Poster artist will work onsite at Quickdraw Animation's studio under the supervision and mentorship of the Artistic Director to generate an original trailer film promoting GIRAF19. Elements of the film may also be used in other marketing materials, such as posters, handbills and social media assets.
The finished project will not only form a key part of Quickdraw's festival marketing materials, but will also be a valuable addition to the portfolio of the emerging animator.
- Consultation and collaboration with the Artistic Director regarding concept and design
- Sketches, storyboarding, and animation of the 20-60 second long trailer film, as well as creation of accompanying design assets for print and online promotional materials (the animator will have access to the equipment and resources at QAS to complete the project)
- ·Regular reporting to the Artistic Director on progress of the project, including the articulation of timelines, goals and deadlines.
- Timely delivery of the finished trailer
The Production Assistant to assist in the organization of our extensive library of animation resources ahead of the busy summer season. Working under the supervision of the Production Coordinator, this position requires an individual who is tech-savvy and detail-oriented, with an interest in art, animation, research and archival activities.
- Digitizing, cataloguing, filing and maintaining a database of print and video materials
- Maintenance, organization and tracking of rentable video and animation equipment
- Assisting members, renters and studio users with equipment and production needs
- Light cleaning and studio maintenance
- General administrative and other duties as assigned by the Production Coordinator
The marketing assistant will be a motivated and artistically-minded member of the GIRAF19 team. They’ll assist our Artistic Director.
- Creating logos, social media assets, and other digital designs for various applications online and in print
- The layout of festival posters, handbills, and program guides using materials provided by our GIRAF trailer artist(s)
- Coordination and execution of social media campaigns promoting the festival
- Creating assets for and updating the festival website
- Other marketing and administrative duties as requested by the Artistic Director.
The Education Assistant will help Quickdraw’s Education Coordinator with the delivery of Quickdraw's animation summer camps and courses for youth. Our summer camp programs teach children and teens the fundamentals of the art of animation - including cell animation, stop motion, and digital animation - in an environment that fosters experimentation, self-expression and creativity.
- Provide general support to the Education Coordinator in the delivery of Quickdraw's Summer courses, workshops and events for youth
- Along with lead instructors, supervise children and teens while in the programs and assist in the delivery of camp and course programming
- Ensure equipment for camps and courses is in good working order
- Coordinate the back up, archiving and cataloguing of participants' projects
- Other administrative duties, light cleaning and studio maintenance as directed by the Education Coordinator