Please register to take this course
One full academic year of access to screenings links of films and interviews
PAW Packs are packages that contain animations from all around the world that cover Complex themes, and with the help of consultants within the communities represented, contain Unit Plans based on the animations, animation activities that relate to the animation and theme, and interviews with the filmmakers. The goal of our PAW packs is to spread the love of independent animation while also showing artistic choices made by filmmakers to communicate various topics.
*please register to request your film(s), and we will get back to you with payment information and further actions to ensure you have everything you need to teach with the resources and materials we've designed**
PAW Pack Themes:
- Indigenous Perspectives (grades: 4-12)
- Environmental Awareness (grades: 2-6)
- Deaf and Disability (grades: 3-6)
- LGBTQ2S+ (grades: 7-12)
- Full PAW Pack (4 films): $100/school year
- One PAW Pack Film: $25/school year
**Price covers artist fees for the animations and interview screenings. All lesson plans and printable learning materials are one-time purchase.**
PAW Pack Info
- Screening links to high-quality, closed-captioned animations for each theme.
- Screening links to interviews between our Theme Consultant and the Filmmaker for each animation.
- Unit Plan containing an average of 2-3 lesson plans per film, broken down into a Film Comprehension lesson, a Thematic understanding lesson, and an Animation Activity Lesson.
- Printable handouts and animation activities.
- Bonus Media Assets where relevant.
- Step-by-step instructions on using Free Animation software and resources where relevant.
- Curriculum checklists for various ages and curriculum connections for old and new Alberta Curriculum.
"Register" for our PAW Packs. Upon completion of the registration, you will be emailed all of the details so that you can receive the Google Drive permissions that contain all of the assets for your film(s) that you have "rented".
That's the thing - you don't!
The "rental" fee is exclusively to pay the artists that created the animation and provided their insight through interviews with our consultants. After the purchase of a PAW Pack, any lesson materials and plans are yours to own, whereas the rental fee covers your access to the links of the FILMS and INTERVIEWS until the end of the academic year.
One PAW Pack Rental is considered a School-wide rental. You may use the Pack for any and all teachers in your school for one academic year. Simply make sure to alert us for which contacts should also have permission to access the Pack(s).
If you have any questions about Quickdraw’s PAW programming including PAW Packs, please drop us a line and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you!
PAW Pack Films and Units
*Please note that the grade-ranges are estimates - animation and lessons are for all ages!
- Darkening - Abbey Bennet
Rotoscoping, Emotional Expression
- Dancer and the Crow - Iris Moore
Puppet-making, "Who should tell a story?"
- Open Recess - Amy Xu
Morph animations, flipbooks, story writing
- How Life Is - The Future Perfect Project
- The Fourfold - Alisi Telengut
Stop Motion, Animism, Relationship with living things
- RKLSS - Tank Standing Buffalo
Thaumatropes, Elder wisdom, Prisoner's Justice Day, Emotional Expression
- Dancers of the Grass - Melanie Jackson
Phenakistoscope, Hoop Dancing and Pow wows
- Mountain of SGaana - Christopher Auchter
Storyboarding/roll and flip animation, Oral Traditions
- Hedgehog's Home - Eva Cvijanović
Roll and Flip animation, Home Identity
- Invention of Less - Noah Erni
Lip Syncing, climate crisis
- Birdlime - Evan DeRushie
Thaumatropes, exotic pets and habitats
- Drop - Jáchym Bouzek and Karina Casañas
stop motion animation, endangered species
- Sense of Touch - Jean-Charles Mbotti Malolo
Stop motion animation loops, deafness and communication
- La Coquille - Camera ETC
puppet-making, general disability awareness
- Unbound - Jemima Hughes
stop motion animation, shape theory, wheelchair user, Assistive Technology
- John and Michael - Shira Avni
Palimpsest/under-the-camera animation, Dignity
PAW Packs provided by
PAW Pack Theme Consultants
LGBTQ2S+ - Mike Hooves
Indigenous Perspectives - Kes Lefthand
Deaf and Disability - Connor Yuzwenko-Martin
Environment - Chrissy Levett
PAW Packs Curriculum Consultants
John Chaulk - Elementary School
Sandra D'Angelo - Deaf and Disability Plans
Trevor Cooper - LGBTQ2S+ and junior/senior high school
PAW Packs Interview Production
Editor - Noelle Fuschs
Captioning - Cole Binder
Graphics - Theresa Pinhey
The Parrot Sanctuary
All of the participants in Camera ETC’s workshop series for La Coquille
LearnBright lesson plan resources
Saltillo Communication Board resources