JOB CALL: Festival Coordinator for FascinASIAN Film Festival
FascinASIAN Film Festival is seeking a Festival Coordinator, in other words someone who loves to do what comes their way and shares our passion, work ethic and has ideas to bring this event to life taking place in May 2023.
Festival Coordinator - Part time Contractor (Calgary based)
Are you someone who knows how to communicate and share your passions? Do you love films and the movie culture? Are you knowledgeable about the Asian culture? Want to work on a film festival that is spreading across the prairies? If so, we would love to have you on board for this opportunity to get in on the ground floor to share your ideas with a small but dynamic team.
We are seeking a Festival Coordinator, in otherwards someone who loves to do what comes their way and shares our passion, work ethic and has ideas to bring this event to life taking place in May 2023.
WHO WE ARE
FascinASIAN is a non-profit with the mission of inspiring, educating, promoting and celebrating Asian perspectives in film and media arts while fostering an understanding and appreciation of Asian diasporic culture. The first film festival featuring Canadian Asian films was held in Winnipeg in 2021 and we are now planning our second annual event in May 2023 in both Winnipeg and Calgary. This event will be a hybrid event of both live and virtual aspects, something we piloted for FascinASIAN in 2022.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
The role, reporting directly to Calgary and Winnipeg team will play a key role in hosting the film festival. This will involve coordinating marketing, fundraising, research into other festivals, idea generation and general administrative support. It will be an excellent opportunity to work directly with a Volunteer team and be part of executing the Festival. You will gain insight into festival marketing and event planning. Specific duties may include the following:
- Managing email campains
- Assisting on sponsorship requests and proposals
- Track and update documents
- Sending invoices and follow up
- Assisting on marketing campaigns - social media
- Internal communication with team members
- Volunteer coordination assistance.
Festival Time - Hands on responsibilities on tasks as assigned
- Wrap up
- Survey review
- Data collection/Final reporting information
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Strong Organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite products
- Knowledge and use of social media platforms
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Excellent verbal and written communiation abilities
- Adaptable and able to switch task quickly and with ease
- Excellent judgement
- Relationship building skills
- Collaboration and working with teams
- A plus is knowledge of an Asian language (Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Japanese)
- Familiarity with Asian culture and issues.
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- The chance to be a part of building something from the ground up.
- An environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Open and collaborative work environment.
- You bring great ideas, and ther may be opportunity to see them in action.
- Remote work - part time contract - (approx. 20 hours a week) and full time during Festival Week (May 11-14) approx. $2500 per month (April - May).
- Potential for continued part time work after Festival.
Learn more at https://fascinasian.ca/
HOW TO APPLY
Apply with cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: March 30, 2023