JOB CALL: OPERATIONS MANAGER
Quickdraw Animation Society is hiring a part-time Operations Manager for a four-month contract.
Do you want to join the Quickdraw team? We are currently looking for a new Operation Manager to fill a temporary contract between June and September this year!
The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the financial and general operations of Quickdraw Animation Society while the Society undergoes a search for a permanent Executive Director. This includes bookkeeping duties while also overseeing the general operations of the organization during a period of transition. The general operations overseen would include but are not limited to granting/fundraising, communications, and staff management. The Operations Manager role will report to the Board of Directors.
About Quickdraw: The Quickdraw Animation Society (QAS) is a not-for-profit, artist-run, member-driven charity dedicated to all things animated. We program regular screenings, facilitate community projects, have industry standard animation resources, and host animation workshops and courses.
It is expected that the Operations Manager will operate primarily out of the Quickdraw office, located at 2011 10th Ave SW, Calgary. Working remotely is an option.
Application Deadline: May 20, 2022
Term: Four-month contract. Part-time hours, approximately 20-25 hours per week.
Start Date: June 1, 2022.
Compensation: $25/hour (approx. $8,000 - $10,000 depending on total hours)
- Budget tracking/advising staff on spending
- Updating Arts Management System with payments as they come in
- Working with bookkeeper to maintain books, provide all required records (monthly) and request reports as needed for board meetings and tracking
- Year-end: working with accountants to ensure all information, files and other documents and access provided.
Operations – General
- Working with staff for financial planning for departments and operational logistics
- Assist with granting – watching out for new grants and reporting on any existing project grants.
- Staff support & oversight
- Attend board meetings (once a month)
- Assist with other operational tasks as needed
- Complete any necessary reporting for Casino fund usage
- Work with the board and staff to identify new fundraising opportunities and funding streams.
- Knowledge of running a Casino is considered an asset.
- Experience managing operating budgets of 200K or higher
- Knowledge of the local arts and culture community
- Understanding of governance board structure and member-based ARC
- Strong administrative, time-management and organizational skills
- Project management skills
- Experience with bookkeeping and accounting software (Quickbooks) & Microsoft Office
Please submit your cover letter and resume as one document to the Board Chair, email@example.com, using the subject line “Quickdraw Operations Manager Application.” Deadline to apply is May 20, 5pm MST
If you are interested in this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Quickdraw Animation Society (QAS) is a non-profit, member-led organization of more than 35 years, based on Treaty 7 Territory. As we are invested in fostering accessible opportunities for everyone to enjoy and develop animation, QAS recognizes that creating equitable, safe space for all people is a process of continuous growth and collaboration. We are an equal opportunity employer, prioritizing antiracist and non-ableist aspects of our collective participation, and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. We recognize that diverse staffing and diverse membership in our organization, as well as our extended arts communities, is integral to the health and wellness of all present-day creatives. If you feel your qualifications are relevant even if they do not strictly match those stated here, we are pleased to receive your application.
If you have questions or require help applying, or would like to provide an alternative application (video or verbal), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Quickdraw Animation Society can provide ASL assistance if required.