DS4Y & Quickdraw MOCAP Residency
Recently, Quickdraw has acquired 2 Rokoko Smartsuite II motion capture suits and we're excited to support ONE resident artist to explore the ways this technology intersects with their discipline, depending on their interests and abilities.
Whether it’s film or theater, video games or VFX, there are a million and one ways that animation, storytelling and technology intersect. One piece of technology that has bridged all of these disciplines is that of Motion Capture, which allows movement to be captured and recorded from live actors and projected into the digital realm. Recently, Quickdraw has acquired 2 Rokoko Smartsuite II motion capture suits (https://www.rokoko.com/#mocap-tools), and we're excited to support ONE resident artist to explore the ways this technology intersects with their discipline, depending on their interests and abilities.
This is a 1-month residency awarded to 1 artist with the expectation that the artist will use motion capture (MoCap) technology in their artistic process, using the Rokoko Motion Capture technology specifically. Upon completing the residency, artists are asked to create a resource for other artists to help introduce them to the ins and outs of MoCap.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday Jan 30 at 11:59 pm.
Interviews will be held Feb 1st and 2nd
WAGES: $25/hr, 25 hours per week, for a 6 week residency, to be completed approximately from Feb 13 to Mar 23
- Artist CV
- Include motion examples of up to 4 minutes in length
* Preference will be given to artists who can already demonstrate a familiarity with 3D animation software
Please submit your required documents in a zipped folder, PDF Format. Each file and your folder should be labeled in the following format: YourName_DS4Y_2024.pdf
Submissions are accepted by email only, labeled with the subject line: DS4Y_YourName_2024.
Send submissions and/or questions about the program or application process to Quickdraw's Production Director, Erin Saunders : firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible artists must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada (either citizen, permanent resident or person with refugee status - work permits are not eligible)
- Self-identify as underemployed (ie employed below their level of education, holding part-time employment, or in emerging field with few jobs)
- Have completed post-secondary studies