Procedural Electrifying Projections aka PEP Residency call!
QAS and DS4Y are partnering to make a 1-month residency for 1 artist with the expectation that the artist will use procedural or generative technology + projection mapping in their artistic process and exhibition upon completing the residency.
Quickdraw is partnering with DS4Y - Digital Skills 4 Youth Scholarship funded by the Government of Canada, to present PEP - Procedural Electrifying Projections Residency at Quickdraw Animation Society!
Animation and technology have always had a relationship, and currently animators are exploring and experimenting with the different ways Machine learning parameters, video mapping, and animation intersect. We're excited to see in what ways ONE resident artist could explore these intersections, depending on their interests and abilities.
This is a 1-month residency awarded to 1 artist with the expectation that the artist will use procedural or generative technology + projection mapping in their artistic process and exhibition upon completing the residency.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday Jan 25 at 11:59 pm.
Interviews will be held Jan 27th and 28th
WAGES: $25/hr, 25 hours per week, for 4 weeks totaling $2500
- Artist CV,
- Include motion examples of up to 4 minutes in length
* Preference will be given to Animation, Projected Motion, and/or procedural motion experience.
How to Apply
Submissions are accepted by email ONLY, to Quickdraw's Production Director Erin Saunders at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All required documents in a zipped folder, PDF format.
- Each file and folder should be titled: YourName_PEP.pdf
- Email must have the subject line DS4Y PEP_YourName
To be eligible artists must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada (either citizen, permanent resident or person with refugee status - work permits are not eligible)
- Self-identify as underemployed (ie employed below their level of education, holding part-time employment, or in emerging field with few jobs)
- Have completed post-secondary studies